Monday, June 29, 2009

Our First Night






It's 4 am & Mommy & daddy are wide awake! Last evening Brian finished some paperwork while Gracie napped a little. She woke up shaking and terrified. At that point all we could do is hold her & allow her to cry. We ended up ordering congee through room service for her so she would have something familiar, and she ate a full bowl in between crying jags. The magic touch was giving her a warm sponge bath. She relaxed & seemed to be seriously studying us more. I got one tiny burst of a laugh when putting lotion & pjs on her. She fell asleep immediately on top of me in our bed. We put her in her bed(reluctantly, I might add) at around 9pm & she has slept like a rock. Today we finalize the adoption and plan on unconditionally loving this sweet girl God has given us. Amazing...love at first sight.
Pics.
1. Adoption paperwork in our guide's room.
2. Check out the size of that foot
3. First bath!
4. Quinn is in love
5. Sound asleep

2 comments:

  1. Oh my stars...she is just so STINKIN' CUTE!!! It sounds like she is starting to slowly warm up to you. Before you know it, she will be a different girl. Like darkness to light. God is sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rachael...I sit here with tears streaming down my face as I look at the pictures of your family and your new daughter. That little girl is obviously so loved and she will always be God's special blessing to you. I love you.
    Sandra Dunn

    ReplyDelete