Friday, January 13, 2012

distractions, dentists and phish food

wowzers
it's january 13 & my motivation button
seems to be in need of a tune-up.

wishing I could be confessing 
organized drawers and closets
unpacked boxes
color-coded schedule charts
daily aerobic workouts...
but nope, I got nothin'.

things are slowly happening house wise.
painting is being done, & yes,
some boxes have been unpacked.
I do manage to get out of my pjs by mid morning,
and there is a home cooked meal on the table nightly.
but
  distractions are a biggie for me
 for some reason this new year.
with so much to be done, our normal 
daily routine has been dicey.
one of the toughest aspects?
the home school routine.
a new setting & trying to recover
from a big move have been a tad difficult.

the biggest distraction?

these guys



I mean really...
we're loving the bay window w/
the groovy bird feeder view,
but w/ every new, fabulous bird that
lands for a bite or two,
we are immediately glued to the window.
it's like a daily ornithology field trip.
really, our Creator is amazing!

we are birding nerds.
I might have some t-shirts made.


yesterday this little penguin went to the dentist.
she can walk into the surgeon's, ENT's
and pediatrician's office w/o batting an Asian eyelash,
BUT
the dentist is a different story altogether.
I'll just say that her amazing dentist has stated
that Gracie has the strength of a grown man.
she. hates. that. dentist. chair.

so, being the awesome mother that I am,
with memories of our last visit dancing in my head,
I allowed Brian to take her.

she cried, yes, but she laid back & was compliant
enough for an exam.
thank You, Jesus.
the next leg of our journey will be a three-ring-circus
of working between her surgeon, her dentist
and an orthodontist.
buckle up. it's all good.


oh, and poor Alison...
she had a craving for a particular
Ben & Jerry's ice cream yesterday.
so, being the softy that I am
( in more ways than one...
see above "non-aerobic routine"reference)
 I bought her some.

after a few bites she thought it tasted, well, odd.
"mom! this says it went bad in september!"
then I noticed
it went bad in september
of 2010!!

when I called the store manager and politely
suggested he check the freezer shelves,
he told me we could bring it back for an exchange.
don't think so.
a refund is just fine,  m'kay?!

thankfully, no digestive disturbances occurred,.
and I think the craving for that treat no longer exists.

happy non-distraction weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Stop copying me! I've got the corner on non-motivational dysfunction!

    Hey, come over and we'll NOT do aerobics together!

    It's Friday, Friday...

    ReplyDelete