Sunday, June 19, 2011

happy father's day from our recovering home!

first of all, I am so grateful
for my wonderful, godly father.
he has always been such a prayer warrior,
and is a humble, funny, compassionate man.

we'll also be honoring Brian here at home today.
he is amazing - really.    
I could not have imagined a more
perfect father for my children.
he has always gone above & beyond to help,
no matter the kids' ages. 
his priority has always been family.
he speaks the life of God's word into
their lives and is such an example
of what it means to walk in step with the Spirit.
he loves each one of our children
for who they are, and I'm sure each one
thinks they're his favorite! 
oh, and he just is plain ol' fun -
I love the laughter in our home.

speaking of...we got the first tiny chuckle out 
of our little patient last night. thank you Jesus!
in my sleep-deprived state I've decided that 
the week following
surgical procedures is like childbirth -
your brain, as a way to self preserve,  I suppose,
forgets the really tough parts. when you go
through the process again you say to yourself, 
  "how did I do this before?!"
God's grace - period.

this is just a tougher surgery to bounce back from.
her facial swelling is going down, but the
bruising seems to be more prominent today.
her silly personality is making brief appearances,
and we're grateful for that!
night time is a toughie.
can you imagine not being able to
breathe at all through your nose,
& having a sore throat from work done
in the back of your palate?!
poor baby!

bottom line, the Father is good.
He is walking with us through this
and we will be just fine.
we're getting a better picture of 
Gracie's new lip as swelling goes down.
I'm tearing up as I type-
she's beautiful & I'm so grateful
that God brought Dr. Matthews into our lives.

time to love on the little patient.
she's clingy with a capital "C"!

first attempt at playing!

and for my second act,
I can play it with my toes!


a very bright spot yesterday was being able to 
slip away to my nephew's wedding - it was beautiful!

the bride & groom!

with my oldest brother & my dad's pride & joy
(not us - the restored car)
 
my sister & dad

our small family contingent at the wedding

2 comments:

  1. I teared up, too. Bless her heart. What a favored and beloved little girl. Still praying for yall. I can't believe you had the time to write me such an encouraging bday card in the midst of all your drama. You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though it is tough for me to re-live those post surgery days through my own emotion, I'm delighted to hear Miss Gracie is doing fabulous. What a blessing your family is. God is so good in using our babies to teach us and guide us, yes? I thank Him daily for Dr. Matthews. When you are his patient you feel as though you are his ONLY patient. I pray daily that God will bless that man for his gift to our babies. We are continuing prayers for all of you!!! Much love!

    ReplyDelete