Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Gracie's big day tomorrow!

yesterday was gracie's pre-op appointment
and we got the green light for surgery tomorrow!
We'll be heading down that road to Charlotte
again this afternoon.
I swear, I could make that drive
with my eyes closed!

the goal is to completely close her lip,
and close the cleft uvula in the back of her throat.
the most extensive aspect of her procedure
will be the work being done on the 
inside and outside of her nose.
we're told the recovery from this will 
not be a pleasant process for our sweet girl.

Gracie was prayed over at church
on Monday evening, and it was a beautiful
time of peace and wonderful words
spoken over her.

peace
faith
healing
ministering angels to surround her
God as her Warrior

last night as I was asking the Father 
how I could pray specifically for her,
I sensed Him say
"What is her favorite song?"

she loves "Crash this Place".
it talks about the glory of God
 crashing or invading where you are.
Brian's and my prayer is that the glory of God
would crash and invade 
our home,
the pre-op room,
the waiting room,
the operating room,
the recovery room,
and her hospital room.

Psalm 90:16
"Let us see Your miracles again;
let our children see Your glory at work."


would you please join us in prayer as well?
for peace, for Dr. Matthews, and for
Gracie's healing.

before any of her procedures in 2008.
is she not pure sweetness?!


this may not make sense,
but we're going to miss this smile!
I know this completion of her surgeries is
part of the hope and future God has for her,
and we are so grateful for how the Father
has faithfully walked with us through
every step so far.
He is good.


2 comments:

  1. I can totally understand why you'll miss that sweet smile!! It radiates her shining personality! I know her new smile will be just as beautiful.

    I will be praying tomorrow...please text me with progress and/or prayer requests if you think of it.

    Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying and can't wait to see you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete