Friday, January 8, 2010

Life with the Latham...Gracie's perspective


Gracie's top ten
Latham appliance observations...
  1. I can no longer suck my thumb and finger due to all the metal and plastic in my mouth...much to my surgeon's delight and my profound disappointment. :(
  2. The width of my cleft is getting visibly smaller every day!
  3. I am ending up in Mommy and Daddy's bed almost every night. Mommy is not complaining, but seems to be sporting these black bags under her eyes and drinking lots of coffee lately.
  4. Every day I am pronouncing sounds and words better!
  5. I have my very own water pic to clean my mouth, and Daddy lets me play with it to make the whole process way more fun.
  6. I can't eat some of my formerly favorite foods because they can get stuck in my new appliance. :(
  7. I have a new favorite food...Soup! The more noodles, the better...
  8. Mommy has to use a tiny little brush to clean out my mouth all during the day. Not so fun, but I let her do it.
  9. The toughest part of my day is when daddy has to tighten the screw in my mouth. By the time we're done, my Mommy and sisters are usually crying right along with me. Not quite sure why they are, but I know why I do - it hurts! :(
  10. Mommy tells me this is a big step closer to my big surgery and my new mouth that God is using Dr. Matthews to fashion! She tells me I am very brave!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gracious, Miss Gracie! You are, hands down, one of the bravest little girls I know!! And how in the world your mommy and daddy can resist from gobbling you up is beyond me. But I do suspect that they nibble on you frequently. :) Hang in there, sweet girl! Your bravery will pay off soon with a brand new smile, equally as gorgeous as the one you have now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a brave brave girl. Every evening Miss Missy is praying for you when it is time to tighten that screw.

    We are so proud of you-- Joshua and Sam send hugs!

    ReplyDelete