Sunday, January 17, 2010

Haiti updates & miracles

My friend's mother was found safe and is flying home today! This little excerpt gives a glimpse into her story...

Sara was directing a ladies' Bible study on the second floor of the mission house while supper was cooking. She was in the middle of her closing prayer when the earthquake occurred. She knew immediately what was happening. The ladies watched in horror as houses swayed back and forth and eventually toppled to the ground. Their house stood firm! A miracle! Sarah told me to pray for Pastor Cherubin (known as Pastor J.P.). Their Hosanna church has set up three tents around the church to help the wounded and sick. Many Haitians have said that they are coming to church this Sunday (today) to get saved. Please pray! Sarah also said she amazingly had not heard any VooDoo drums beating since the earthquake. There has been much wailing in the streets night and day; but also the sound of Christians gathered in the streets singing hymns.



I'm also so exited to share of God's tender intervention on behalf of our friends, the Rhodes. This update from Kim gives me chills at His sovereignty!...


Then last night on ABC news with Diane Sawyer… you’ll never believe it. I certainly did not. Diane went to Heartline yesterday morning and did a piece in the news last night about the the orphans of Haiti. We were able see the Heartline kids and then in some surreal moment at the end of the piece Dianne calls out Frankie’s name and grabs him and kisses all over him. Dave (who won’t admit this) is shedding tears and I’m staring just not really being able to comprehend that I am seeing my son who’s country has been in the midst of devastation on TV. I’m so humbled that I got that chance to see him and the other children who are his family. Two years we have been on this journey. We’ve had so many questions and fears and sadness and heartbreak in the past week that to see him on video in his red shirt that I took to him on a past trip to see him… well no words.

Here is the deal… GOD can make beauty out of brokenness… I’ve seen him do it time and time again. In the midst of this extreme brokenness you are finding pockets of beauty… big and small.

As we continue to pray for Haiti and her people I am begging God for our family to show us some minor glimpses of His beauty by for some Random miracle… that our son would finally get to come home. And I KNOW that is not just my cry but it’s the cry of the 900+ mamma’s who’s children are in the process of being adopted and we all now wonder what is next. Lord please show us beauty!!!!

Here’s the ABC News Link:

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=9576860

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=9577445


You can continue to follow their story and also find out how you can help bring their son home by following their adoption blog, A Family For Frankie, listed under My Blog List to the right. PLEASE take the time to read and help in a tangible way.

No comments:

Post a Comment