Sunday, September 6, 2009

Gracie's Dedication Day











My mom was able to spend a part of her birthday with us at church!






Today was a day that has been tucked away in my heart and mind for 3 1/2 years - the day we were able to dedicate our new daughter. It was an even more special occasion as every staff family at CrossRoads was able to dedicate their new little answers to prayer also! Let me just say that it was one fine looking group of babies -precious! I know it was a joy for Steve to be able to pray over two of his own grandchildren!

God spoke personally to me today and I felt His presence so heavily. On the way to church a scripture was read on the radio that we quoted over and over during our wait.
Psalm 27:13 "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD."

On the way home the first song that played on the radio was "Mighty to Save". That was kind of our "theme song" for our adoption journey, and I am still overwhelmed by God's goodness to our family in bringing us the most precious gift in little Gracie. Today was simply a public display of our hearts. We've dedicated Gracie Jia Shu to her Creator. We can't wait to watch her grow in beauty and become a woman of strong faith and prayer.

My Savior -
He can move the mountains.
My God is mighty to save!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how wonderful!! I totally know what you mean when you say you had dedication day "tucked away" in your heart for so long! It was something that I thought about probably each and every Sunday as I would envisioned what a joyful day that would be. And joyful it was!!

    Your pictures are so precious! Such a beautifully blessed family!

    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete