Sunday, September 20, 2009

18 Years


Today Brian and I celebrate 18 years of marriage.
Time to pull out the ol' VHS and reminisce -
Family, friends, tons of middle schoolers,
(we worked in the Jr. High youth group @ the time)
and the obligatory Steve Green's
"Household of Faith" being sung.

For better (Mainly Brian)
For worse (Usually me)
For richer (Um....not so much)
and poorer (not compared to the majority of others in the world!)
The birth and salvation experiences of three children
and the adoption of our new little treasure.

Four children
A minivan
A Honda with over 200,000 miles on it
Two cats
A blind 13 yr. old dog
God's overflowing grace and blessing

Wouldn't trade this journey for anything.


Is it just me, or do we look 12?
Check out the ginormous shoulder pads and
glamorous bangles on the sleeves.

I'll go ahead and apologize to any friends or family reading who happen to be in this picture.
Too bad I couldn't enlarge it so you could more greatly appreciate
the "end-of-80's big hairstyles" and the evidence that
my fetish for bangles made it's appearance on the bridesmaid dresses.
Notice the train - I wanted to be Princess Diana.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary from one of those "middle schoolers" you refer to in your blog! I've often wondered where you guys ended up! I recently found you via the friend of a friend of a friend (via blog lists) and was SO excited to read your adoption story! Glad you guys are doing well! Hugs & Blessings!! ~ Jennifer (Malone) Rodriguez

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog Rachel. I think you actually look 15 and maybe Brian looks 17. You were a beautiful bride and an even more beautiful wife and mother. Congrats to your mom on becoming a great-grandmother. I saw her picture on your blog and she has not aged a bit. The same beautiful, sweet Sally. I love you. Sandra

    ReplyDelete