Thursday, May 28, 2009

Where we are

OK, I think I've been in some kind of "delay denial" by not posting our travel news. Our original day of departure was next Thursday, June 5th. Then the whole swine flu thing marched up from the south & spread around the globe. We actually received our Travel Approval at the end of April, and that should have been a very exciting day for us. (Thank you, Lori, for reminding me on that day to not let the enemy steal my joy. It's not his to take.) Unfortunately, provinces all over China began cancelling appointments as well as not scheduling new ones.

We were given new tentative travel dates of June 25-July 9, with a Consulate Appointment scheduled for July 7th...BUT we were told with the flu in China it is a day-to-day situation, so we should not purchase any airline tickets yet. This has been beyond frustrating, and if I didn't know the One Who is ultimately in control of it all, I would go crazy.

Each day brings us one day closer to our girl, so for that, I am truly grateful.

"You will surely forget your trouble,
recalling it only as waters gone by."
Job 11:16

3 comments:

  1. I'll be praying and keeping my fingers crossed for the dates to stay at the end of June. Hang in there Rachel Faye! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you! It's all about COMPLETELY leaning on the Lord. *Sigh* Why is that so hard sometimes!! It should be the easiest thing in the world! I'm right there with you...learning to lean...completely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We continue to pray and trust.

    ReplyDelete