Monday, May 18, 2009

Showered With Love

Yesterday the girls and I were able to share a wonderful afternoon with family and dear friends. Our little Gracie was celebrated and showered with wonderful gifts!
My sweet friends Amy and Lisa gave so much of themselves to make our time special. I can't wait to see the finished scrapbook Lisa began for Gracie. Everyone there was asked to write a special note to, or prayer for Gracie. Lisa will finish the scrapbook with those notes and pictures from the afternoon!
Everyone present has been with our family, and faithfully encouraged all of us from the beginning of our almost 3 year journey. Thank you for not forgetting us and our new daughter during this long wait!
My brother Tom and his family surprised us & drove down from Charlotte. That made my day! I wish we had more time to visit & laugh.What a crazy, wonderful family our sweet girl is getting!



This candle was one of my favorite gifts.
It says "Home is where my mom is." :)




2 comments:

  1. I love the candle! It couldn't be more true. And even though the days are creeping by and seem uncertain at that, you will hold your sweet girl in your arms SOON. I just know it.

    And I can't wait until I wake up on that glorious morning to see your gotcha day blog post! I will be jumping for joy for you half way around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious to see the slide show-- I wish so much I could have been there. Amy and Lisa did an amazing, creative, beautiful job. I'm so happy it was such a special day!

    ReplyDelete