Monday, April 27, 2009

The Red Thread


The term "Red Thread" is a popular one among families adopting from China. There is an old Chinese saying that talks about a red thread extending from a child's spirit once they are born that connects them to all the important people in his or her life. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never be broken. OK...no deep spiritual significance here, but I love the concept that the child chosen by God for our family was connected with our family from the moment of her conception. A wonderful fellow adoptive mom gave this red thread to me in December of 2006. It has been on my ankle since then and has been a daily reminder to pray for our future daughter as well as a source of encouragement to me. Soon it will have a home in Gracie's baby book - Thank you God!

3 comments:

  1. I'm a little behind in catching up on blogs. Congratulations on your LOA!! I'm so excited for you and Gracie! I love the name! My daughters birthparents call her Gracie because her middle name is Grace and it always makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought maybe you had changed over to Kabbalah - isn't that the "hollywood" religion where everyone wears red bracelets? :) Okay, too much reading People magazine, Jennifer!

    Sorry you've been stressed out but it will be here soon and all will be forgotten. Hang in there girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a spiritual illustration for sure! Praise God for the red thread connecting us to Him through Jesus and we've been adopted into His family.

    Mom W.

    ReplyDelete