Friday, April 3, 2009

LOA Baby!

Did you hear a loud scream at around 1:30 today? That's when I received a call from our agency that we received our LOA, or the official Letter of Acceptance, from China! We were told that our wait for this approval would be around 4 months. So, OK, our wait was 30 days!!! Our agency representative said she was shocked as well! We have had in our minds that we would travel sometime around August. I was told today that that now we should travel in June! We are now waiting for our TA, or Travel Approval, which takes around 4 weeks. We then will plan our travel dates around when we are able to get our Consulate appointment set in China.

When I told the girls, Ali said "We serve an awesome God!" I have to agree. My head is spinning, and my heart is full of joy. I just picture the hand of the Father guiding every piece of paperwork to exactly where it needs to be at exactly the right moment. The thought of possibly having Gracie in our arms on Father's Day is overwhelming. Praise God!

"O LORD, You are my God; I will exalt You and praise Your name, for in perfect faithfulness You have done marvelous things, things planned long ago." Isaiah 25:1

5 comments:

  1. OH my gracious!!! Yippee Jesus! I am so thrilled for you guys and for sweet baby Gracie!! What a miracle...and here I thought we just might be able to meet up in China when I go to pick up Jubilee...*sigh* Oh well! I will pray you there and back and then you can pray me there and back. Can't wait to see her in your arms....

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's hands have been all over this process. Why should we expect anything less from Him? I wouldn't get too comfortable with the idea of traveling in June - at the rate things are going you may be leaving next month! Congratulations! Are you sure you don't need me to go with you? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOO HOO!!! I am shocked by how fast that was!! But really, maybe not because our GREAT GOD had His hand in it!!! ALL GLORY TO HIM!!!!

    I'm so excited for you guys!!!!

    What a fabulous weekend you will have!! Lots to do...get busy!

    Happy Packing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting!!! We must have just left each other when you received your call! God is so faithful!! We rejoice with all of you and are thankful that He has brought our lives together again!
    Angie Ownbey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word...that is AWESOME! You better put a rush order on that Rosetta Stone so you can at least say hello by the time you get over there.

    Rachel, that is great news and I know y'all are beside yourself right now! We may just be "having" our babies at the very same time. Let's get some playdates going, okay? :)

    ReplyDelete