Monday, August 8, 2011

a kleenex and a side of "bless yous"

the kleenex?
that would be for me.
my big girls have their first day of school today.

the senior

9th grader...really?!!!

attending the same school this year!
why does the mama look through the camera lens
& see all the other "1st day pics"?!

the pigtails
the ironed little dresses
the missing front teeth
the Barbie lunchbox
the Madeline backpack
my, my, my


as for the "bless yous"?
those are for Ali & Erin.
aside from the lump in my throat today,
Brian & I could not be more proud of our teenage girls,
and we bless them today.

we bless them to be confident in who God 
created them to be.
we bless them to boldly share the love of the Father
in tangible ways with their peers and teachers.
we bless them to carry God's kingdom
and the power of the Holy Spirit 
everywhere their sweet little feet step.
they are where they are for a purpose,
and we can't wait to see the Father's
hand on them this school year.


as for Quinn & Gracie,
I'll be investing some time in them today -
explaining to them how they will 
never be allowed to leave mommy 
and go to high school,
putting little bricks on their heads & informing
them that they are not allowed to grow up
so darn quickly,
etc.

be blessed beautiful treasures!

2 comments:

  1. Your big girls are the cutest things ever!! It's so wonderful and SAD to watch them grow up, isn't it? Sigh.

    I hope they have a super great school year, filled with opportunities to let their light shine for Jesus.

    Love you, girl! I really wish we could meet for coffee this week...or even, this lifetime!

    Have a blessed day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crying and smiling at the same time. Smiling because you are funny, crying because you really got me with the blessing. Goodness me.

    ReplyDelete