Tuesday, July 27, 2010

memorial stone

I woke up this morning with a
certain 2 year old in my arms
and began to think about
everything that needed to be done today.
laundry, laundry, cleaning, laundry...
THEN
I read my friends Linn's blog.
She shared an incredible story
of miraculous intervention on her son's behalf.
She also shared a time when
we clearly saw God's provision for our family.

Just as the children of Israel were instructed
in Joshua 4 to set up memorial stones
to commemorate the things God had done for them,
I never want to tire of reminding our own children
of the ways God has intervened & provided on our behalf.

You can read about the experience
Linny mentioned HERE

Was is just a random coincidence that
Linn chose our story to share today?
Absolutely not.
We're facing some financial mountains
and big decisions around
here and I myself needed that reminder
of God's involvement in every detail of our lives.
He.
Is.
Faithful.
Period.

"He encircled him, He instructed him,
He kept him as the apple of His eye.
As an eagle stirs up its nest, hovers over its young,
spreading out its wings,
so the LORD alone led him."
Deuteronomy 32:10-12



Oh, and in case you were wondering...
as of this morning, the tooth fairy lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment