Sunday, December 6, 2009

a thrill of HOPE

One of our family traditions that our children love is the celebration of Advent - the "time of expectant waiting & preparation for the celebration of the advent of Jesus at Christmas." Today marks the second Sunday of Advent, and the second purple candle will be lit in our home.

Is it possible to instill in our children a greater anticipation to celebrate the birth of their Savior that trumps the anticipation of the much-dreamed -of gifts under the tree? They need to see that played out in my life and Brian's as well. I'm ready to throw the lists, budgets, invitations, & schedules out the door & just soak in my little family & God's plan for redeeming us this month!

I love this line from one of my favorite Christmas songs..."a thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices". There is definitely a thrill in the emotion of hope.

We've had a long week here. Weary kind of sums up our emotions. My Mom's been in the hospital w/ some heart issues, my nephew is in the hospital facing yet another surgical procedure tomorrow, and poor little Gracie has been dealing w/ croup. We haven't slept much since Tuesday evening (me + caffeine = joy), but she's doing so much better.

Then there's that prospect of hope that things will be better...hope that Mom will grow stronger, hope that God will strengthen my sister and her son, hope that God will continue to heal Gracie, and yes, hope that we will one day get a full night's sleep again!

The thrill of hope,
This weary mom rejoices!!

No comments:

Post a Comment