Friday, April 1, 2011

april fools

so last night was Ali's first official
ride-in-the-car-with-other-teenagers-
without-parents-dress-up-get-
your-hair-done-receive-a-corsage-
wear-shoes-other-than-flipflops-
outing.
can't bring myself to say the D word.

it was like the car commercial where the dad
is looking at his 3 year old daughter
sitting in the driver's seat as he gives her
safety instructions, and the next shot is his
teenage daughter backing out of the driveway....

yep, that's what I saw - our little Ali playing dress
up and pretending to go out on a da__,
I mean outing with her daddy.
sniff sniff



"come on dad, please stop embarrassing
me, and quit threatening to be cleaning your gun
when my da--, I mean outing friend arrives"




this masterpiece took an hour -
wish I could take the credit for doing it!

someone was really excited for her sister
(I can't understand why said person
kept giggling all evening...)

the sweetheart of a guy who was our
baby girl's "friend-that-accompanied-her
on -the-formal-outing"


how did the family survive you ask?
after sitting down for dinner to an empty
casserole dish (April Fools kids!),
we ate dinner at Yogurt Mountain.
Yesiree - chocolate, vanilla, and
a plethora of sugary toppings can help
a mom & dad through anything!
(I still don't understand why
Erin keeps giggling to herself)

1 comment:

  1. OH, MY DEAR FRIEND!!! I'm so sorry that this bitter/sweet moment had to arrive at your house. It seems to be spreading like wildfire. And it isn't funny. At all.

    These blasted kids and their insistence on growing up. It's so over-rated. I wish we could somehow convince them of that!

    But really, SHE LOOKS GORGEOUS!! A girly that darling needs to step out on the town once in a while! Much to the chagrin of her mommy and daddy.

    Sigh.

    I feel your pain.

    Really, where does the madness end?

    ReplyDelete