Wednesday, December 8, 2010

final post-op!

“Thus far the LORD has helped us.”
I Samuel 7:12

that's exactly how we feel...
God has carried us through 3 surgeries,
and we are so grateful!
Gracie's palate is healing well, and her
surgeon was pleased at our appointment yesterday.
Gracie even sat in his lap!
She was really proud of herself for doing so well -
"I not cwy!!"

speech continues to be a work-in-progress.
(the surgeon would like to see more progress...)
we have a great therapist that
visits twice a week, and we truly see improvement
every day, although our little princess speaks a lot
of "Gracie-ese" that only Mommy can interpret.
we continue to believe for healing for that palate,
and that her speech will daily improve.

we will head back to charlotte
(auto-pilot anyone?!)
in February to schedule her next surgery
which will be her lip and nostril revision.
I must admit, I thought this would be
the easiest of her procedures so far,
but after hearing Dr. Matthews describe it
yesterday, both Brian and I were surprised.
basically, the nostril side of the surgery
sounds like it will not have
a pleasant recovery process.
a Scripture immediately came to us
as we started our drive home...
one that we leaned on frequently
during our last hospital stay...

"...as your day, so shall your strength,
your rest and security, be."
Dueuteronomy 33:25

we will have
strength for the day
the moment
the minute
the second
perfectly timed and tailored
amen and uh-huh


the world's best nurse...ever...really


getting a little squirrelly after a 1.5 hr wait
(Gracie, not Brian)


1 comment:

  1. Oh my, that girly just makes me smile. What a beauty!

    I will be praying for her...the little sweet pea...I hope she has an easy recovery.

    Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete