Monday, November 29, 2010

let's pretend, shall we?

let's just pretend my recently
celebrated birthday was a big one...
one that begins with "f" and rhymes with "shorty",
shall we say.

and just suppose my wonderful husband
planned an incredibly special evening
with my dear family at my favorite restaurant.
can you picture it?
my brothers and sister & their spouses, nephews & nieces,
our own sweet kiddos, cake & presents...

and in our world of pretend,
my sweet husband also did not include
the traditional "black" theme that most would
choose for a birthday of this degree,
one of four decades,
that, of course,
we'll pretend was celebrated.

it's amazing how young i am to have four children,
one of whom is driving.
a modern miracle.

thank you Brian, Ali, Erin, Quinn & Gracie
for making sure my day was a special one.
I felt loved,
and not a day over 39.



I heart this place




oh those crazy cousins


little miss sassafrass


the chocolate more than made up for
the numbers on top of the cake


my wonderful sister


the best brothers in the world. for reals.


my fabulous sisters-in-law


not. even. funny.


my dear Mama


Grandpa & Gracie Shu


so blessed!


Quinn's Lego present to me! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I've never seen such a grand pretend 40th birthday party ever! And IF you really were 40...I'd say, no way could you possibly be four decades old. No way.

    So I'll just pretend to say that I hope you truly enjoy this new rockin' season of your life!

    ReplyDelete