Tuesday, September 7, 2010

refreshed

As Brian said this morning...
"I wish we could press the re-wind button."

We were able to get away for the holiday weekend
to an incredible place of retreat and renewal
for families in ministry.
It is located in Tennessee,
and it was amazing...
We're so grateful!

no TV
no computer
high temps near 60
lows in the 40s
no alarms
no schedule
breathtaking mountain views
fishing & hiking
priceless memories

The kids fished the majority of the time,
and we did a ton of hiking.

As we were hiking on Sunday morning
we actually met a family
(literally in the middle of nowhere)
with 2 girls from China -
so cool.

Our last evening there was great.
The girls had chocolate facials, and
we had a great game of Apples to Apples.
(The pictures show the descriptive cards
that each one of us ended up with...
I think I was set up...)

Our favorite memory of the whole trip
was made that night as well.
We all sat on the front deck looking at a brilliant sky
full of millions of stars.
Words can't describe it.
We also listened to barn owls calling
out to each other & watched bats making their evening rounds.
(OK, not my favorite thing)

When we were putting the kids to bed Quinn said
"That was the best day ever!"
I totally agree.

Time away like that puts so much of life into perspective.
"Things" don't matter...
Fellowship with the Father,
The freedom of being quiet before Him...
filled with worship and questions at the same time,
Peace with where & who you are,
Unhurried time with your favorite humans on the planet...
Those are the things that matter to this girl.


we saw a gazillion churches over the weekend
heh heh heh
Have I ever mentioned I detest facebook?
a soapbox for another day...


Lest you think our family/life is perfect,
I will soon share the story of our trip home.
Ahem.


1 comment:

  1. Aaaaahhh, that sounds like THE most perfect weekend EVER!

    Super great pics!

    You detest FB?? Why oh why? Actually, I'm not a huge fan myself...just jump on when I'm bored. Ok, maybe that's not a good reason. I'm starting to understand your point. :)

    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete