Friday, May 21, 2010

3 week checkup

Is it Friday, really?!!
A busy week, for sure, but so
grateful for God's Presence in our lives!

Miss Erin had a big day Tuesday...
braces put on and an
expander placed in the roof of her mouth.

In December we began the daily process
of tightening the Latham appliance in Gracie's
palate to bring it closer together. not fun

Now we are turning the key in Erin's
expander
twice a day to widen the roof of her mouth!
It's a little sad, but sooo sweet to watch Gracie-
she holds Erin's hand with that
"I feel your pain sista' " look of empathy
on her sweet little face.
Not sure, but there might be a hint of
"Just glad it's not me" on there too...

The van was put on auto -pilot once again Wednesday
to head back to Charlotte for the 3 week post-op appt.
Dr. Matthews was very pleased with Gracie's palate,
and has allowed us to broaden her diet choices!
Her lip has come apart at the top (someone
has rediscovered her thumb), but the Dr. is not
concerned at all, as she has not had her full
lip revision yet. We'll head back for another
checkup next month!
Ali had the day off from school, so she
was my traveling companion. I am
seriously so blessed to have such a delightful
daughter, but also a treasured friend in her!
That girl can make me laugh till it hurts,
and heaven knows my abs need all the help
they can get in the exercise department!

We had to make a stop by my new favorite store,
Trader Joe's.
( Why, oh why does South Carolina not have any stores?!)
~small building, organic at not outrageous prices,
genuinely happy employees, my excitement reminding
me I may need to get out more~
Already making a list for our next visit...

Happy weekend!

So glad Ali made the trip w/ us!


Singing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" sure makes
waiting for the doctor a lot easier

I heart this place


Our T.J.'s loot


I love my brother
(and not because he's holding those
chocolate sandwich cookies that
just so happen to contain ingredients
I can pronounce and have filling with
actual vanilla bean flakes...)
another shameless T. J.'s plug, sorry



Could she be any cuter?!



Have I mentioned she's a tad bit flexible?!





3 comments:

  1. Erin looks wonderful!

    Feeling the Trader Joe's envy-- there are constant rumors Greenville is getting one, but nothing confirmed.

    Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously fun post, friend! Poor Erin. Nick had that roof-of-the-mouth widener thingy too. :( It's no fun! And that Gracie...tell her to quit showin' off that flexibility! It's making me feel old and way out of shape.

    Love, love, love all the pics! Cute family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emi has that same dress from Target and I love it. Looks like Gracie is doing well. Not sure if you knew or not but we have a new blog: http://alatvianmomslife.blogspot.com

    Emi has gotten so big. Unfortunately we won't be at the reunion. Not sure if you will be there or not. Would love to go and meet the travel group since I did not travel with Lane.

    ReplyDelete