Sunday, March 7, 2010

no family pictures
no cute little quips
just a report of a long, tougher week of, well, life...

Last Sunday afternoon we took Gracie to the doctor for a fever. As we were waiting, her temperature went from 99 to over 103 within an hour's time. As I was holding her she began having a febrile seizure. Um, that was the scariest thing I have ever experienced. PRAISE GOD #1 that we were at the doctor's office, and #2 that the doctor was in the room. The next 5 minutes from beginning till the time she woke up seemed like an eternity. We were sent to the pediatric ER after that and after constant temperature checks, a catheter, blood work and a chest xray, we were told she had pneumonia. What? She really didn't even have much of a cough! She was given a shot of antibiotic and we were finally sent home after midnight. My wonderful sister had come over to be with the other kids, so they were all safe & loved on by her during the whole ordeal. God Fathered us so well throughout the whole evening. We are so grateful. She is MUCH better today -fever free & the cough gets better daily - We are so very grateful for God's healing and peace.

It seems we've also entered as of this week a new phase with my Mom's health. It's tough to know you're needed two places at one time. I've been searching everywhere for my wonder-woman cape, and can't seem to find it! If you think of my parents, would you please lift them up in your prayers? Mom was very ill this week, but is home from the hospital, and settling into a new routine with more one-on-one care needed.

I know as believers we canoperate in a different "reality" - the Kingdom of God. We continue to believe for the miracles of healing - His Kingdom here on earth as it is in heaven. We continue to trust Him for wisdom. We continue to have moments of peace and laughter in what could be really heavy, scary times. Simply, we continue to trust Him.

Zephaniah 3:17 (New International Version)

"The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."

Anyone else ready for spring?! :) It's beautiful today! He makes ALL things new!


2 comments:

  1. Precious friend--
    You are close to my heart right now in the midst of these hard days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet friend...how in the world did I miss this post?? I'm sooo sorry!! I really hope things are better with Gracie and your mom by now.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete